Your business website is a digital portfolio that tells your target audience more about your company and your products/services while persuading them to take action. However, to achieve this, you need to provide customers with the best user experience so that they can do repeat business with you and recommend you to friends and family.
But, what exactly is user experience?
User experience can be defined as any interaction a user makes with a certain business and its products/services. It includes everything from how a user feels to what they see and hear and their emotional reactions.
What is user experience in web design?
In web design, user experience focuses on practices that make a website easy to use and appealing to consumers. A good user experience in web design means that:
• Your customer visited your site
• They scrolled through the different web pages
• They understood what your site is all about and what you sell
• They got what they wanted and took action, e.g., contacted you or made a purchase
Many factors influence a user’s experience with your website, but the main ones include:
• Usability: Is your site easy to use and navigate?
• Value: Does your site’s content/service/product make the time spent on it worthwhile?
• Credible: Does your brand build customer trust, belief and loyalty?
• Usefulness: Does your site satisfy visitor needs and requirements?
• Desirable: Does your website evoke or create an emotional reaction with the end-user?
• Accessible: How easily accessible is your website?
Achieving all these aspects might seem challenging, but it’s not impossible. Working with an experienced web developer or designer will help you improve your website, which improves user experience.
Importance of improving your website’s user experience
User experience is vital in web design as it significantly affects conversion rates. For example, if visitors find your website difficult to use and navigate, they’ll log off within a few minutes and find another site to purchase from.
Similarly, if your website looks outdated and functions poorly, visitors are less likely to purchase from it. Ultimately, if you want to improve your conversion rates, ensure you’re offering the best user experience.
Get in touch with us today for affordable, and adaptable web design services.